Disaster Recovery as a Service
Most companies will need to recover from a disaster. The statistics are startling.
- 93% of companies without Disaster Recovery that suffer a major data disaster are out of business within a year.
- More than half of all companies had downtime in the last five years that lasted for more than a full day.
- However, 96% of companies with a Disaster Recovery solution will fully recover from a disaster event.
With statistics heavily in favor of implementing a working Disaster Recovery solution, why do so many businesses forgo this critical set of safeguards? There are numerous reasons but chief among them are complexity and cost.
Virtual Sprout’s DRaaS (Disaster Recovery as a Service) provides easy to implement and use tools that provide continuous data protection while containing costs. Additionally, Virtual Sprout’s DRaaS is easy to test, ensuring data and systems can be fully recovered in their time of need.
Benefits of Virtual Sprout DRaaS Solutions
- Outages and Disruptions – Protect your business and brand from outages and disruptions with continuous data protection
- Ransomware Attacks – Avoid ransomware cost, downtime, and data loss with any point-in-time recovery
- Cloud Integration & Migration – Accelerate cloud integration and seamlessly move entire workloads to the cloud
- Testing & DevOps – Create secure testing and DevOps environment via instant offsite clones
- Cloud Virtual Data Center replication targets in multiple geographies.
- Hypervisor based replication utilizing Zerto for near Zero RPO
- Variety of host based, embedded system/application, or hardware based replication methods for physical workloads.
- Utilization of Virtual Sprout’s Nationwide MPLS Network, SD-WAN, VPN, or third-party networks to provide site-to-site connectivity for replication and access.
- Latest CPU, Memory, and Storage Technologies used within Virtual Sprout’s Cloud VDC to ensure like production performance in the event of a disaster.
- Self-Directed or Fully Managed DR Testing.
Hypervisor Based DRaaS – Zerto
Virtual Sprout DRaaS powered by Zerto provides a complete disaster recovery solution for virtualized workloads. Easy to install and easier to manage, Zerto integrates with both VMware and Hyper-V virtualization technologies to provide a real time RPO (Recovery Point Objective) with thousands of journaled checkpoints, allowing granular recovery to the second in a 24 hour window. Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) is optimized by allowing both Customer initiated or Provider assisted failovers with automated and orchestrated recovery to a Virtual Sprout Cloud Virtual Data Center.
Physical Workload DRaaS
Some workloads require physical bare metal servers to perform properly. Commonly, database workloads fall into this category. Virtual Sprout employs multiple methods to protect these workloads including utilizing native replication technologies built into systems or applications (Always On Availability Groups – SQL, Database Replication/Clustering, Log Shipping etc.) sending data to live instances instantiated in the Virtual Sprout Cloud VDC or physically colocated bare metal servers. In other instances, Virtual Sprout utilizes host based replication software or array based technologies to replicate data into the Virtual Sprout Cloud Virtual Data Center.